Summer Reading by Jenn McKinlay
Expected publication May 16, 2023
Taken from Goodreads: For Samantha Gale, a summer on Martha's Vineyard at her family's tiny cottage was supposed to be about resurrecting her career as a chef, until she's tasked with chaperoning her half-brother, Tyler. The teenage brainiac is spending his summer at the local library in a robotics competition, and there's no place Sam, who's dyslexic, likes less than the library. And because the universe hates her, the library's interim director turns out to be the hot-reader guy whose book she accidentally destroyed on the ferry ride to the island.
Bennett Reynolds is on a quest to find his father, whose identity he's never known. He's taken the temporary job on the island to research the summer his mother spent there when she got pregnant with him. Ben tells himself he isn't interested in a relationship right now. Yet as soon as Sam knocks his book into the ocean, he can't stop thinking about her.
An irresistible attraction blossoms when Ben inspires Sam to create the cookbook she's always dreamed about and she jumps all in on helping him find his father, and soon they realize their summer fling may heat up into a happily ever after.
Add to your MUST-READ list on Goodreads
5 fast facts about Jenn:
1. I believe daydreaming is terribly underrated as a life skill.
2. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a jockey. My mother, bless her heart, never said a word but signed me up for riding lessons, fully aware that at age nine I was already too tall to be a jockey. Yes, I'm six feet tall just like her. Wonderful woman.
3. My Sector 9 mini longboard (skateboard) is my favorite toy - best present the Hub ever gave me - and sidewalk surfing with my dudes is one of my favorite ways to spend a morning!
4. I was an extra on a TV show called Moloney, which starred Peter Straus and actually aired on TV for a whole season. It was the most boring 18 hours of my life and convinced me that we don't pay actors enough (yes, joking about the pay thing, still dreadfully dull work)!
5. My dad was a glider pilot and I have flown with him. For my birthday he even treated me to my first lesson and I actually flew the ship. I have my own log book and everything. AMAZING!!!